Formerly known as American Singles, Spark.com was re-branded in 2009 and worked hard to touch up its site in order to compete with the other big players in the dating website market. Although they do cater to all different nationalities, the bulk of the site’s traffic is American and is intended for residents of the US.
The site’s interface is easy to use for the most part, but some do have complaints that it isn’t very clean. There is a lot packed into a little space. That’s not to say that Spark is the proverbial hoarder of all dating websites. But they are quite busy and attempt to fit everything in together.
Like almost every dating website in existence, Spark.com offers browsing to people, but if that isn’t your cup of tea, Spark is also offering up speed-dating services so that people can mix and match quickly. Users are also required to upload photos, cutting back on dead profiles. Overall, the site is very colorful, affordable, and effective.
Current Special Offers:
We could find no current special offers for Spark.com, but the site has offered promotions in the past and may offer them again. Be sure to check the website itself for offers.
Who is Spark.com for?
Anyone is welcome to join Spark.com, but they mostly cater to the United States (and other areas around the US) and do not really have that much of an international base.
Number of Members:
Estimates suggest that Spark has roughly 4 million members.
Offers Free Membership?
• Profile creation
• Free flirts (limited)
• Email options (limited)
• Free matches delivered to your mailbox
• “Click” options lets you see who’s admiring you
• No access to instant messenger or web chat
• No initiating contact with other members
• No access to the message boards
Paid Membership Levels and Charges:
• 1 month – $19.99
• 3 months – $39.99
• 6 months – $59.94
• 1 month – $24.99
• 3 months – $51.99
• 6 months – $77.94
Paid Membership Features:
• Full access to live chat
• Unlimited virtual flirts
• Speed dating option
• Send ice breakers and contact members via email
• Block/ignore users
• Verification means that the number of dead/fake profiles is rather low
• More than 10 versions of “hotlists” are available
• You can see who’s been viewing your profile
• Search functions are streamlined
• A lot of advertising on the site
• Free membership doesn’t offer quite as much as other sites
• The membership base doesn’t seem to be as large as advertised
• The site looks very “busy” due to all the icons present
The site’s primary language is English.