Review of Match.com:
Match.com is touted as one of the biggest online dating websites in existence. Since they arrived on the scene in the mid 1990s, Match has been piling up members by the millions. A big part of the reason for Match’s success seems to be that they are willing to give members what they want – great customer service, a friendly environment to meet, mix and match, and an easy to use interface that allows even novice PC users to instantly operate the site like a pro.
With Match, you can choose to use their personality matching software or you can choose to go at it alone, searching members by your own criteria and contacting whomever you wish. The signup process is also streamlined compared to a lot of other big-name dating websites.
It’s fairly easy to sign up with and create a profile for Match.com. Users can attach up to 26 pictures in a photo album, giving Match some social networking features as well, and you can choose to be exclusive or all-inclusive when it comes to filling out your status sheet. The site is fully secure and it isn’t plagued with quite as many dead profiles as others.
Current Special Offers:
Match.com is currently offering a couple of special offers. New members to the site now can participate in a 7-day free trial of the full-featured site, and they can receive 20% off of membership costs for 1, 3 and 6-month plans. There’s also a 6-month money-back guarantee. If you don’t like the site, they’ll refund your cash.
Who is Match.com for?
Match.com seems to have more middle-aged single women than any other site on the net, but they also get over 5 million unique visitors to their site every month, and their services are inclusive for everyone over 18 from multiple countries around the world.
Number of Members:
Match has stopped publishing updated membership numbers but they have A LOT!
Offers Free Membership?
Yes. Match.com users can sign up for a free basic membership.
• Search function available to free members
• Daily email match alerts
• Photo uploading and profile features available
• Access to tips and advice and other helpful features
• Cannot contact interested members with free membership
• Cannot use the site’s email and chat features
• No access to the advanced site features
• Limited all-around exposure
Paid Membership Levels and Charges:
• 1 month - $39.99
• 3 months - $22.99 per month
• 6 months - $17.99 per month
Paid Membership Features:
• Full access to site features like MindFindBind workshops and matchMobile
• Use of email/chat and icebreakers to contact interested members
• Increase of matches and other materials sent to your email
• Action plans
• Private journal
• Video/audio options for introductions
• Quizlets and other fun topics
• Access to MatchLive events and SpeedMatching
• Large base of over 15 million members
• Easy to use interface
• Very feature-rich
• New mobile app for on-the-go dating
• Money-back guarantee
• Fairly priced
• Free membership doesn’t offer many features
• You must write 200 words of personal content in the profile
• It can feel a little crowded at times
Match.com is available in over 24 countries and in over 15 languages.