Review of Date.com:
With Date.com, the name pretty much says it all. You know exactly what you're getting here and it has been that way since the site was launched on Valentine's Day in 1997. Romantic much? Since its inception, millions of members have signed up with and found love on Date - and thousands of singles are signing up every month.
Date.com is one of the more user-friendly dating websites out there. You can easily use the search features and narrow your matches down by a multitude of ranges, and you are not locked in to what best matches you per an algorithm, much like many other dating websites out there.
The site does things a little differently. Date.com prides itself on quality over quantity. So while the site isn't as feature rich as others in the market, they claim that their members are of a higher quality (meaning, we assume, that there aren't as many fake/dead profiles and spammers using their services).
Current Special Offers:
We cannot find any standalone special offers at this current juncture, but Date.com does offer users a quick access toolbar download and, like with many popular sites, singing up for extended packages offers a hefty discount.
Who is Date.com for?
Date.com doesn't seem to discriminate in its services. Any single of the appropriate age in an appropriate territory is free to join.
Number of Members:
Over 6 million members are active on Date.com.
Offers Free Membership?
• Full profile creation features
• Mobile dating setup
• Favorites list
• Saved searches
• Flirts (limited and cannot initiate email contact)
• No emails
• No access to chat rooms
• No access to the site's auto-match software
• No away message
• No rankings in the site's search engines
• No access to audio/video messaging
Paid Membership Levels and Charges:
• 1 month - $29.95
• 4 months - $59.95
• 6 months - $89.95
• 12 months - $119.95
Paid Membership Features:
• Full profile capabilities, including mobile
• Email access and unlimited flirts
• Audio and video messaging features
• Full access to all chat rooms
• Auto-match on
• Away messages and other social networking features
• Date Mobile feature is a big plus
• Membership is large
• Not as much riffraff to contend with in the network
• Custom access toolbar makes browsing easy
• The prices teeter on the high side
• Some aspects of the interface are outdated
• Free membership doesn't offer a whole lot