Matchmaker.com claims to take its contribution to the world of online dating websites rather seriously, claiming that their services are for individuals interested in long-term relationships. They are owned and operated by Date.com, but the websites are rather different and, unless you were told, you wouldn’t really know these two were in cahoots.
For the marriage-minded individual, Matchmaker.com is a great site due not only to its serious membership base, but also its easy to use interface and stiff security measures which quickly dispose of any scammers on the site.
The signup process is fairly easy and you won’t be denied membership like with other sites. You can also operate your profile much like a social networking site, complete with a toolbar, various photo and interest options, etc; and you’ll also receive links to swarms of dating material like online magazines.
Current Special Offers:
We found two different special offers for Matchmaker.com. One is a 10-day trial period (from last year, but it is rumored to still work) and the other is a 3-day Gold level subscription.
Who is MatchMaker.com for?
Anyone is free to sign up with Matchmaker.com, but this dating website is more for the serious dater – the people out there looking for true love.
Number of Members:
To date, there are well over 6 million members of Matchmaker.com (the network included).
Offers Free Membership?
• Full profile and search capabilities
• Ability to save a search
• Access to the Date Info online magazine
• Flirts available on a limited basis
• Matchmaker toolbar
• Most communication tools will not be available as a basic member
• Rankings are off on your profile
• No chat room access
Paid Membership Levels and Charges:
• 1 month – $29.95
• 3 months – $59.95
• 6 months – $89.95
• 12 months – $119.95
Paid Membership Features:
• Contact other members (initiate instead of simply replying)
• Audio and video messaging features
• Ranking in singles searches activated
• Chat room access given
• Instant messaging available
• Extra pictures and other profile features added
• Matchmaker is a popular site part of a more popular network
• A lot of singles to choose from
• Serious-minded singles more so than on other sites
• Custom toolbar
• Ranking system helps your profile be found
• Profiles are rarely very detailed
• Full membership is a little pricy
• Rankings won’t also separate dead profiles from live
Matchmaker.com offers its services in English, Portuguese, Spanish and German.